How is the Coalition organized?
The Coalition is currently staffed by a part-time Coordinator. Click here for contact information. A Steering Committee serves in an advisory capacity to guide in the process of planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and initiatives related to the Coalition’s mission. For more information about the Steering Committee, its members, and information on how to serve on the Steering Committee, click here.
The Coalition holds all–member meetings, which give members the opportunity to network, receive updates on the Coalition’s projects, and discuss Coalition-related issues. Our philosophy is that shared problems – those of mutual concern to the campuses and community – require shared solutions. The diversity of the Coalition’s partners reflects this collaborative approach.
Who are our members?
- Western Washington University faculty, staff, and students
- Whatcom Community College staff and students
- Bellingham Technical College staff and students
- Northwest Indian College staff
- City of Bellingham officials and staff
- Neighborhood associations
- Local bars and clubs
- Bellingham Police Department
- Washington State Liquor Control Board
- Whatcom Traffic Safety Task Force
- Whatcom County Health Department
- Rental management companies and independent rental property owners
Coalition meeting are held three times a year in October, January and May and are open to all interested parties. For more information about upcoming meetings, please visit our calendar of events on the homepage.